Making the decision between lawn and other surface coverings can be a tricky one. Here are a few facts about lawn you should know about when making your final decision.
- Studies have shown that a neat lawn and garden can add as much as 15 percent to a home's value.
- A fresh lawn allows you to take a fresh breath right outside your home; lawn takes in carbon dioxide and releases oxygen through photosynthesis; trapping dirt and dust released into the atmosphere.
- Lawn absorbs sound and greatly reduces noise pollution, especially in urban areas.
- Lawns can be considered natural air conditioners; lawns cool themselves and their surroundings reducing home cooling needs, and potentially saving you money in the long run.
- A well kept lawn improves the stability in soil through its deep and widespread roots, which reduces erosion from water and wind.
- A lawn can provide a welcoming space for picnics or family barbeques, as well as a great spot for your pets to play. Turf is also perfect for recreation sport allowing you and your kids to have the leisure time outside of your home but not have to travel too far.
- Well maintained lawns reduce the risk of fire hazards and helps slow the advancement of wildfires. (Hopefully this fact will never need to be tested at your home!)
- Lawns have been shown to reduce stress and improve wellness. There is growing evidence that natural grass lawns have a therapeutic effect.
- Plants and their effects on the human body or 'the biophilia effect' is shown to reduce muscle tension related to stress, lower blood pressure, improve attention and reduce feelings of aggression or fear.
Is their anything lawn can't do!? We challenge you to find out! Give us a call on 9303 2627 or email email@example.com to purchase your new instant lawn today.
blogpost has been adapted from http://www.lawnsolutionsaustralia.com.au/news/the-environmental-and-economic-value-a-lawn-can-add-to-a-home/