Velvetene is a luxuriously textured soft, dense leaf lawn, a stunning bright pea green colour, with an attractive shiny leaf to give that 'Wow factor'. Developed as a superior soft leaf lawn for Australia's harsh climate and varied soil conditions.
A unique benefit is to control weed infestations with a strong salty solution spray, making it environmentally and family friendly.
Velvetene makes an idea family play area in the home garden and is used on golf courses from tee to green, tennis courts, bowling greens, and parks throughout Australia.
FAST FACTS ABOUT VELVETENE
- Outstanding bright green colour with minimal fertiliser
- Soft waxy leaves provide a non-itching surface
- Drought resistant
- Grows in full sun or part shade with minimum of 4 hours sun
- Easily edged and non-invasive to garden beds
- Requires little fertiliser
- Can be maintained with poor quality water sources
- Tolerates high salt environments
- Grows in clay or sandy soils
- Grows in a wide range of soils from pH 4 to 9.5
- Summer mowing height 10 - 12mm every 10 - 14 days
- Winter mowing height 18 - 30mm every 4 - 6 weeks